FIRE PROTECTION PROCEDURES
Building management looks upon fire prevention as a year round program, emphasizing the need to be continually on the alert to prevent fires.
Please help protect lives, your property and ours, by observing the following:
- Dispose of trash promptly. Do not place trash in the corridors. If you have a sizable amount, call the Building Management Office to have it removed or carry it to the freight elevator vestibule. The cleaning crew will dispose of trash left in this vestibule at the end of the day.
- Refrain from throwing tobacco products in wastebaskets the hazardous results of this action are obvious.
- At the end of the day, please unplug coffee makers and other heating devices. Also, office machines should be turned off. If you have computer equipment which is running 24 hours a day, be certain it is not in a congested area and free from surrounding clutter, especially that of a flammable nature.
- Smoking or the carrying of lighted tobacco products is strictly prohibited in all common areas by an ordinance of the City of Des Plaines.
- Candles are strictly prohibited per an ordinance by the City of Des Plaines.
Emergency exits in the building are found on all floors. Please note the emergency exits on the floor on which you are located. In case of fire only use the stairways. All elevators must be available to the fire department.
In the event of a fire, tenants are advised to WALK DOWN THE STAIRS AND EXIT ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND OUT OF THE BUILDING TO THE PARKING AREA, KEEPING ALL DRIVEWAYS AND ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING CLEAR. The Fire Department has informed us that keeping all driveways and entrances to the building clear is extremely important for everyone’s safety. DO NOT remain in the entryway once you have exited the building.
Again, DO NOT use the elevators. The elevators will automatically respond to the first floor level, with the doors open for use by the Fire Department personnel only. The elevators can only be operated by emergency keys when the building is in full alarm.
Should a fire occur in your suite, immediately call the Des Plaines Fire Department at 911, and then call the Building Management Office at 847.376.2000.
Please refer to your Fire and Life Safety Manual for further details.
Smoke/heat detectors are located in the lobby on the first floor, the penthouse, underground parking garage, and storage areas. Once activated, these detectors set off an alarm at the Des Plaines Fire Department. Any questions or concerns regarding fire safety procedures should be directed to the Building Management Office.