Listed below are the following procedures that have been implemented in the event that we have a power outage in the building:
- Building Engineer is dispatched to ensure that no one is trapped in the elevators. In the event that someone is trapped in the elevators, the building engineers along with the city of Des Plaines Fire Department will assist in getting the individuals out of the elevator cabs and to safety.
- Building Engineers to check all diesel generators to ensure that they are running. The backup generator at 2700 South River Road services the power for the overhead garage door, elevator sump pump, building sump/ejector pumps on the lower level and phone service for the Building Management Office.
- Property Manager/Building Engineer contact ComEd to notify them of outage and inquiries about problems in the area and how long the outage is expected to last.
- Property Manager notifies all tenants of outage and any other necessary information as it relates to the outage.
- Property Manager continually updates tenants until power has been restored and all systems are back in full operation.
- Building Engineers check all supplemental HVAC units in tenant spaces to ensure power is back on line and unit is functioning properly.